Search This Blog

Thursday 24 March 2011

She-Dwarfs to join the ranks

That's right, a couple of female Dwarfs to join the ranks of my Dwarf Holds army, as well as an extra male Dwarf. Not 100% sure on how I'll use each though. I'm thinking that the leftmost one can simply be a Shieldbearer, but I may have as many of those as I can take already in the form of D&D models, so can easily play her part as a Captain. The fellow on the right seems a little too powerful to be so boring, so may have to be a character, but that makes him Murin, Drar, Durin or Marden (since I have the other named characters and I have thoughts for Floi already). I think I don't have room for more Shieldbearers and he looks a little too powerful to be so meer - same principle with a Captain. I'm considering a King's Champion, his own rules for friendly play and possibly representing an allied hero - thoughts/suggestions?

Laslty, the middle lady. I have the option of using her as Floi Stonehand (maybe his sister? Regardless, I mean using his rules), however I am also considering using her as an allied caster (not got a specific one in mind right now, but that can be worked out) - this is the more likely route (again, I may create my own rules for her for friendly games) so that I can convert my "spare" Balin to have a book and be used as Floi (as was the plan before the Floi model came out). Any other suggestions welcome.

All three of these models (in order: Brynda the Beautiful WulfsDaughter, Hjordisa Ymirsdottir and Jarl the GiantSlayer) came from RedBox Games (http://red-box-games.com/shop/) and they have outstandingly excellent customer service. Customs had decided to pick my parcel (at random, not through any fault of RedBox Games') to check and then charged me £4.23 for doing so, with an £8 handling fee. I enquired to RedBox Games about this, curious to see if it was a problem caused by them and they apologised, but said no and asked for visual proof to see what the exact problem was - I duly sent them a picture of the notice and they explained, apologised again and offered a free model of my choice to compensate (when they had done nothing wrong!) for the problems, promising to label it as a gift to avoid any possible customs problem from happening again.

Lastly, I didn;t get a chance to take pictures and didn't get to finish painting tonight because my girlfriend needs her sleep (sleep? Strange woman :D ), but work has begun on another dozen two-handed weapon Dwarf Warriors and another Shieldbearer from a D&D model with greenstuff beard extension. I will eventually get around to looking at the bases and telling you exactly which model is which, but for now, I'm trying to get them painted. Done two coats of Scab Red (due to the paint already on them being enamel or lacquer), two coats of Dwarf Flesh (to get a solid coverage) and completed the Scorched Brown (belts, bags and boots). Just leaves the Bolgtun Metal armour, Chestnut Ink on the scalemail, Burnished Gold helmets, Graveyeard Earth bases/trousers/sleeves and the, lastly, the beards to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment