Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Road was blocked, now it's guarded...

Well, that's my excuse for taking so long. As for it being guarded, it's because I managed to paint an entire company of Iron Guard (8 models, if you don't know about WotR) yesterday. The reality is that I have a large number of dwarfs painted for WotR and I didn't particularly fancy painting more of the exact same thing (which would also get dull for you to look at) and then we began our Tale of Four Gamers (now down to 2.5, lol. Have a look at http://to4g.blogspot.com/ for more info) and lost a lot of time to them. Anyhow, I have something along the lines of 8 archers (to be Rangers), 15ish great axes, 23ish shields, 2 Khazads, Dain and three D&D models with a new paint scheme (and two with sculpted beards) to be repainted and used as Shieldbearers, as well as a couple of D&D models to convert for other purposes (such as Vault Wardens).


Regardless, I will try to paint some things each time I'm not painting Undead Dwarfs and in that vein of thought and action, I have produced 8 Iron Guard. The paint scheme uses the same colours as the Rangers, having Scorched Brown tabards, with 'Ardcoat Gloss Varnish over the top, Graveyard Earth belts/pouches, Vermin Brown boots, Dwarf Flesh skin, Catachan Green sleeves or gloves, Boltgun Metal chainmail and weapons, Burnished Gold helmets/scalemail (as one of the sculpts/three of the models have a little scalemail hidden away) and a touch of Camo green on the underclothing peaking through.

No comments:

Post a Comment